Hello all,

I am trying to find an IT car my brother can be comfortable in.

He's 5 foot 11 inches, a 32 inch inseam and ~270 lbs. He's not fat, just built largely, everywhere. (40/41 inch waist)

He complains of being too short in the torso to see out of my first Gen Rx7 (with a kirkey mounted on the floor). he says he is looking through the wipers. We could get him a cushion to sit on, but that puts him closer to the roof and I'm not sure I like that.. The real downside is that doesn't solve the second problem, he can't adjust his body to the seat; its too far forward, and his ankles are not flexible enough to heel and toe where the seat currently is. (Cage is an auto power main hoop, installed in the normal location). There is no room to go back any further. His car will have a fully custom cage, alleviating some of the 2nd concern, but not the first, the roof line can't be corrected.

My first thought is an ITB Volvo, or Mustang... I'm out of ideas beyond that

Being competitive is not that important, mid-pack potential is fine (rookie driver, who will run at the back anyway). Cost effective to run is very important (as always). I would prefer a more common car, for the knowledge base... Could a 2nd gen 7 be large enough inside?

Any other ideas?

thanks as always!
Marcus

[This message has been edited by Marcus Miller (edited June 02, 2004).]