so i was underneath my car today doing other stuff and i finally started to just take off the undercoating on my car that was presumably sprayed by the dealer when the car was bought. this car is from the east coast. i just used a medium sized screwdriver and started hacking and chiseling. damn, 1 sq ft took my almost an hour. its ridiculous how thick some of it is, like over 1/8" thick. anyone ever dealt with this stuff? it does kind of come off in strips as you chisel it off, but damn, its not like it doesnt take a lot of effort. this isnt the regular sound deadening inside the cabin. its actually kinda soft and rubbery. i figure chiseling is the most effective way to remove the bulk of it, but is there an electric chisel tool i could use?

i thought of using a wire wheel, but i dont think it will be all that effective until the bulk of it is already scraped off. using chemicals doesnt seem worth it until finishing it since its so damn thick. ppl use dry ice for the interior sound deadening, but theres no way to really get it to stick upside down.

any more thoughts?