Can't believe this is happening , but would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Used to tow my IT7 with a 2001 Ford Expedition and a 20' x 7' wide enclosed trailer. I put air bags in the rear and we tracked straight and solid with 45 PSI. Just bought a 2004 Expedition same options(5.4 Lt) Standard tow package. Also upgraded to a 26'x 8.5' wide trailer made by the same company as the first. This one has 12500 axles first rated for 7000. On the first tow I realized I needed to install the airbags or drive on 3 lane highways with no one else around. Could not control the trailer over 45 mph. Went to get the air bags installed and found out the 04 has an independant suspension with no where to put the bags or air shocks. Trailer guy recommended to put on some eaze-lift trailer leveling bars. Cost $400 and now I can get to 50 mph before I have to drive back and forth across the road out of control. I have tried different tension on the chain tension devices but still no good. Called Ford and asked how come my 8950lb tow rated Expedition can't tow 6000lbs in a straight line. I think the problem has everything to do with the weight on the rear axle lightening up the front end but even putting the car towards the rear of the trailer doesn't help. The Ford dealer is checking into exchanging my Expedition for a 2500 or 3500 but I can imagine what my loss on that deal will be. I am pretty desperate right now and would look forward to hearing anything that might solve the situation .
Thanks
Jim I
IT7 #60