Just got back from the Rotary Revolution at IRP. It was a weekend long event for all things rotary with an open lapping event today. I got to experience first hand the highly anticipated repaving of the road course.

I had anticipated the chuck holes at a couple of the apexs being filled and some of the larger bumps smoothed out. Think I had also heard new curbing was part of the deal. In short I was HIGHLY disappointed in what I saw. The repaving consisted of turn 1 only. That's it. They reworked the curbing that was already in turn 1 and it's still just like it's always been which is to say tank trap sized rumble strips. The best part is that the new asphalt felt very slick. Granted the ambient temp was around 40* and there wasn't a ton of grip anywhere. But the new pavement was definetly less grippy than the rest. The rest of the track was absolutely untouched.

I love the lay out of that track. Love driving it. I can deal with the close walls and the dragstrip abnormalities. But damn! This place would be a hell of a nice track if someone took care of it. Jim Downing was there doing demo laps with his old Kudzu 4-rotor and I felt sorry for him as it was clearly beating him to death.

Disappointed in Louisville...

------------------
Chris Ludwig
08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

[This message has been edited by C. Ludwig (edited April 24, 2005).]