Ah I new I forgot somethings...

Tow rig $$$$$ I had and still have the use of my fathers and some of my friends, you live in Maine so maybe you have some friends willing to help out? I have to put in a thank you here to my friend Tim Dugan who lends me his truck every year to tow the race car... he even lets me take the truck to Pocono, and no he doesn't go.

Trailer: You can ushually pick up a used trailer for about $1,000 +/- depending how nice you want it. The major maintenance involved in that is rewiring the lights every time you use it, and fixing wheelbearings if you hit the curbs in the toll both.

Racing wheels: He said he had wheels and tires, but Wheels are certainly NOT a needed item, only benifit I think is looks and possible offsets. (maybe a pound or two in weight, but not enough to make it a needed item). We do have wheels, they were the lightest non-racing wheels (off the shelf aftermarket wheels) and they cost about $50.00 a wheel brand new.

Racing Tires: YES absolutely needed to go fast. I would consider tires as a per event cost along with Gas, towing expenses and entry fees. Sorta in a different catagory or line item in the racing budget. I guess brakes could be added to that catagory for some, but brakes on our cars last almoast as long as a fresh engine.

Also an FYI on the fuel test port... The Audi has a factory test port, no modifications required, just have an extra injector line to screw in

As far as repairs and oils and all that I included a buffer in my analysis for that stuff and as well as the possible radiator, motor mounts, brakes, cv shafts, hoses etc. obviosly if you get a bare minimum shell with A LOT of problems then it will cost you more. But if you get a running car that is street legal you should not have many problems going over the budget I listed.

Raymond "keep the missing stuff coming" Blethen

PS: I am not arguing the thought of renting a car, I am trying to have just another post telling people what it costs to go racing. Since Jarod is into Audi's (and since he is a very potential new IT racer in the Northeast) I thought our cars made a good example for him to see what real costs are.