Was it just me or was there a little communication problem this morning for Group One? I never heard a "call" to false grid for Group One after practice this morning. Then when I get to false grid we get a quick five minute warining which lasted two minutes, I never heard a one minute warning although I was hustling to get ready, we went right to "all ready". I put one glove one and as I get hustled to grid with one glove on and the other in my hand and I get held and loose my grid position and get sent to the rear. I had the glove in my hand. Is this the way NYR does business for such a "big race" (NARRC)? I figure the grid workers are doing there job but I felt there was seroius break down here. Next thing I know the ITC and ITA outside pole sitters John V And Anthony S along with others are all staring from the back of the pack too, as he didn't grid in time or apparentlly hear the call top grid. Can anyone offer and explantion?
Now my car ran terrible and it didn't make a difference for how I finished, but if I was running for the final points and got held I would have been a bit pissed. I was told afterwards that I was not ready to race but in my view it was NYR who blew this one. There has to be a little give and take when the sanctioning body screws up.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11