<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...HOW MUCH would a reasonable entry be?</font>
I would be willing to pay up to $600 for the entry, assuming Toyo tires are mandated. Without Toyos - or a way to handicap non-Toyo cars - I'm out.

edit - Someome emailed me and told me I was high for being willing to pay so much. So, I thought I'd show you my rationale...GA

Simple economics.

Last LRP Regional was a one-day event, one 15-minute practice/qually and one 15-lap/20-minute race. $225 entry fee. If the full time was used (it wasn't), that equals $6.43 per minute of track time.

Spectators were invited, but not many showed.

If I paid $600 to enter the event July 4th weekend, I'd save the $320 in sunk costs for the weekend spectator passes I'm going to have to buy anyway (me, my wife, Matt, his girlfriend...the things you do to keep your volunteer crew chief happy). I'm obviously willing to pay at least an additional $225 to enter an event at LRP. Total = $545. Assuming I win ZERO during the event, I'm spending $600 for 60 minutes track time = $10 per minute; if you subtract the sunk costs I'm spending an additional $600-$320 = $280 to be able to RACE the event IN ADDITION to spectating = $4.67 per minute of track time. If I take home anything more than $280 from the event winnings, economically speaking I "make" money by racing instead of just spectating.

Plus there will be LOTS of people spectating...

[This message has been edited by grega (edited May 22, 2004).]