Well I am getting some crap for not being ready for the first race in NER. 1 barrior of mine this year will be $$$. So after realizing I have depended on 1 source for the following things, maybe someone knows of a better source...

The Maintenance cost things on the Audi's are:

Tires: yah we all have that problem

Gas: yah we all have that problem also... we just run cheep pump gas, sometimes if we are feeling rich we find some 94 octane at the local Sunoco station (We try to never get gas at the track to much $$$).

Brakes: yah many of us have that problem, but not sure if anyone can help. We only know of 1 place to get brakes, that is Portafield. With major inconsistancy in reliablity of the pads we are not confident in the company or the product. At $150 for about 3 hrs of track time (if they ship "a good set" isn't well spent $$$. Anyone know where to get good racing pads for an Audi?

Alt Belts: I am constantly loosing those darn things. I can't stand it! My brothers car doesn't have the problem but I do. I found cheepo belts for 3.00 each from Auto Zone. They seem to work better that the $15.00 Audi ones so I run the cheepo ones and replace when needed (sometimes every session). Someone suggested putting a larger pully on the alternator to lower the RPM of the pully... is that legal?

Wheel bearings: Currently cost about 50 Each for hub and bearings then $50 for someone to press them in. They need to be replaced every 3-6 weekends, depending on how daring you are. If we run a 3hr enduro we consider them spent and replace them as part of a PM. Havn't had any problems for a while so maybe with the new suspension setups they would last longer.. Not worth the risk so we replace.

Axles/CV joints, we seem to have trouble with them : Cost about $75.00 for re-built ones (when you turn in the borken one) then we need to get grease and stuff seperatly cause the stuff that comes with them is junk. Generally they will last at least half the season but for some reason when they go then just keep going till they find ones they like again... fustrating at the least.

Other than adding bondo ( JK ) all else seems to be very reliable. We can run the entire season it seems on everything else.

Major thought for help was for the brakes... anyone have any suggestions?

Raymond Blethen

------------------

RST Performance Racing
www.rstperformance.com
1st and 2nd 2003 ITB NARRC Championship
1st and 6th 2003 ITB NERRC Championship
3rd 2003 ITB ARRC Sprint Race
4th 2003 ITB ARRC Endoro
1st 2003 AS NERRC and NARRC Championships