1)All IT cars have "trunks, it's just that some are open to the passenger compartment. (However with their floors usually lower than, and out of direct line with, the driver - a position that is in a relatively distant and protected area from the driver.)
key word, "relatively", but we're splitting hairs here..

As far as cost, I really don't know either not having been allowed to use a box, I haven't looked into pricing one. But I bet I can relocate the battery and cover it securely and safely for less than the $200+ the Optimas cost. And I really don't understand why I shouldn't have had the choice. Darin, you know I respect your opinion, but you are beginning to sound a little condescending.

GRJ

Well, as you admit to not knowing, here is a little math. Optima battery the last time I got ne was about $130 or so. Equivilent not POS battery, (why would you put a POS in a race car? bad place to save $)...is about $60 or $70. So, the difference is $65. By the time you get done buying a good box, longer cable, brackets, hardware, and so on, much if not all of that $65 has been spent.

Add to that hours saved dicking around on a boring project when more productive things (like reading a Smith "_____ to win" book, or studying something racing related, could be accomplished. Time is money.

And, no advantage given to cars with front mounted batteries so no change of competive balance, either real or theoretical.

I think it was a good call and the right call.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]