Stephen,

You are right, from a strictly "rules nerd" reading of the rule... It does say "Factory oversize" or their "exact equivalent"...

BUT, I think it's pretty clear that, if you are allowed to overbore your engine .040", you are allowed to put .040" pistons in it...

I think it could be strongly argued that a non-stressed reading of the rules would allow you to make a piston that meets the listed requirements but would be .040" over...

I can't think of anyone who would protest an engine that is .040" over, using pistons that have the "same dome/dish/valve relief configuration, ring thickness and spacing, pin height relationship, weight, and compression ratio as factory replacement oversize pistons", even if the factory doesn't make that particular size. Your compression is limited by the spec line and the .5 allowance, the rest is pretty much spelled out.

You provide a stock piston, and your .040" piston to tech, and if everything else matches, I seriously doubt you're going to get so much as a raised eyebrow if one is std bore and the other is .040" larger in diameter...

Just my opinion...

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX

[This message has been edited by Banzai240 (edited October 12, 2004).]