Originally posted by grjones1:
Why not B, where the 2.0s now reside and see what it can do? Then move it. Why put a car with 400 cc's more than has ever been in the class? I too am glad I'm not on the Board, I prefer people who can think beyond their first impulse: "Let's throw in the Beetle in C and stir up new interest! (And of course outclass every car in the class." Brilliant!
Keep this post, 2 years from now ITC will indeed be "Spec Beetle."
G
We explained why the car didn't make it into B. Weight. Don't think this version of this chassis can make it to 2150ish (without driver) Like I said before, if it was in B, we would get crusified for that.

First impulse? Hogwash. First impulse was ITB. Then when we figured on a minimum weight, it was to low...see above. Much thought and debate were put into the decision and overall, we have come up with the following: A fresh face in ITC that SHOULDN'T dominate. And if it does, we SHOULD have the means to fix the mistake.

IF IT DOES, I have the feeling it won't be because the car ACTUALLY dominates but because a bunch of racers are looking for an option in ITC that they can actually get parts for - and they outnumber the dwindeling few left in their impossible-to-find 510's and early CRX's.

How about jusk asking about the rationale behind the decision instead of this kind of thing? Be happy to tell ya.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6
New England Region R188967
www.flatout-motorsports.com