I almost hate to open this topic after Cherokee tried, but I'm sort of stuck and need guidance.

My Jensen Healey is now 31 years old and I'm working on making it into an ITS car. That said, it is in reasonable shape and I think once together and debugged it will be competitive with a decent driver (I'm a novice, so that isn't me!).

I'm working on wiring now and of course, being a British car and old, the wiring is shot. Too many previous owners, too many years, thus very little works.

There are no replacement harnesses. They are not made any more and anything you can find is a pull-out from a car and 30 years old. My car has the factory harness and I am leaving it in the car.

But, is it reasonable to assume that in order to get say the brakes to work I can run a wire back to the brakes from the pedal, alongside the melted and mangled mess of the old harness? Ditto starter, ignition, and a few other useful items? I can hardly find two wires that have continuity from front to back in this thing, and, I still fear shorts and fire. Don't get me wrong, the mechanics of the car are okay and will be safe, but wiring was never a British strong point - I've a healthy respect of electrical fires in Brit cars!

The way I read the rule book is that yes, I can do this to get my car functional. But, I'm completely new to the game and don't want to do something that will get the car failed in tech or protested. Not a good way to start off or to make new friends.

Ron

------------------
Ron
http://www.gt40s.com
Lotus Turbo Esprit
BMW E36 M3
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey: IT prep progressing!