We had an interesting situation this past weekend at our first Regional event of the year.

Group 1 was a very large field consisting of 34 ITS and ITB cars. We took the start fine but during the first lap there was a serious contretemps between some cars, putting one in the wall and one on its lid. We immediately went under full course yellow with a pace car.

Four lap later the track was clear and we were lined up, ready to go. As we approached the flag station on the front straight we were NOT given a green flag by the starter, but we were also not given a vigorous "NO" head shake. However, apparently Race Control told all corner stations to drop their double-yellow flags. The lead half of the pack began waving their hands for a no-start while the back half of the pack saw the double-yellows drop and started racing. The top half of the field was then greeted by a bunch of corner workers waving their arms in circles as in "go, go, go!"

Within 3 corners the "Black Flag All" was out and the field was brought into the pits. We were sorted out by order of prior pace lap, led out to a single-file start behind the pace car, and the subsequent start and the rest of the race completed without issue (but certainly not without on-track incidents).

Now that we've all kinda chatted about it on the Northeast forum (http://forum.improvedtouring.com/it/...ML/000690.html) we're all wondering did any of us, as drivers, do anything wrong? Should we have done anything differently? This track (New Hampshire) has a W-I-D-E straight along with the first two major corners (it's the NASCAR oval) but what if this had happened at, say, Hallet where there wasn't this kind of room?

I think we all agree there was a miscommunication between Start and Race Control, but I'd like to hash it out to see if we as drivers should have reacted differently. For reference, review your GCR 7.5, 7.6, 7.7 (pages 69-72).

Greg