I have been reading this board for a while now and yes I too think IT has some problems but not fatal.
I have autocrossed my ITC car but have not attended my drivers school yet; but I have been snooping the IT and PS (Nasa) cars in my regon.
Some of the rules just don't make any sense; it’s like the three stooges wrote the rules. Look under the dash of many IT cars these days and you will see a disconnected heater core zip tied to the dash brace????
A factory wiring harness that is inop and not powered up but new wires run to operate the car ???? Most plastic connectors on the factory harnesses don't last more than 10 years due to engine heat and if they break its new harness time according to the "factory procedures". My IT car set various track records in the late 90's with the previous owner and never had a turn signal switch from the day it was built. No one ever protested it????, but its going to have one now. I saw one car that had that factory harness removed and stuffed into the passenger side dash area.
Door glass... You have to run with the windows down and now you can put in NASCAR bars and take out the drivers side glass but the passenger glass has to be in. In Production the door glass has to be removed, go figure!

Horns and washer bottles .... Why so you can wash the dirt off your window and honk after you get punted off course?
Seems to me that correcting these could make life simpler and let some racers get closer to the weight already set in the GCR. It would not require major restructuring or not turn any bodies car into junk. And it would be standard instead of each regions interpretation of the "gray" rules. It would not add any cost into the racing budget.

Why can’t this be fixed? Did I miss somthing?

[This message has been edited by Don (edited November 28, 2003).]