Originally posted by itmanta:
There are many parts and dimensions on all vehicles that do not have "specs" available to the general public. This does NOT allow you to modify them as you please.
If you can prove a RX-7 rear axle is out of spec, go for it. The problem is you can't. Now, I'm not saying there shouldn't be a spec. Last time this holy war came up I strongly advocated that the CB should set a spec. But until is does, I ask you how you could find one to be illegal? If you are going to do that you'd better have some methodology to do so. At the moment it does not exist. You can be as philosophical as you like, but as a practical matter, there is no way to find it illegal.

Just another example of inconsistent interpretation of the rules by the ITAC and the CB.
The ITAC and the CB do not interpret rules. The stewards and the COA do this. The CB writes rules and the ITAC advises.

"Now you could say if it doesn't say you can, you can't. Doesn't apply. No spec. "

I would suggest that the first strongly supercedes the latter.
Please explain how you would protest someone with a bent axle and expect them to be declared illegal.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com