Alright, the time has come for the JH to go out for a little drive once we fire up this weekend.

I need help selecting the right stuff for this chassis - I've done this before here but it was with a "welded diff" title and I think that scared folks off. So, here goes again, I'm looking for any and all advice to get this thing started off *somewhat* decently as a setup.

Jensen Healey
*Weight will be at 2240lbs
*Live axle in the rear, pan hard rod to locate, with 2 trailing arms, upper two arms have tiny bolts so as to be "non-functional"
*Welded differential - no LSDs available
*Double A arm front suspension
*Drums rear, discs front
*Probably around 160-175hp at flywheel
*5 speed tranny, 3.9 rear end, 13" Toyos

Wheelbase is longish, probably a 1" or 2" longer than a Z. Engine is not centered over the front subframe, it is basically 70% behind the front subframe, car is long and you sit probably only 14" from being over the rear axle.

What spring rates in the front do you think I should try?

Should we run roll bars (have two, front and rear, about 3/4" thick, steel)?

What spring rates in the rear?

It'll want to push, so, how should we set it up to avoid this?

Right now the car has 650lb springs in front and 250lb springs in the rear, is wearing both roll bars - I think this is completely wrong. Probably should have much less rate in the front and we need to make the rear loose so that it'll swing around to compensate for the push of the welded diff.

Alright - fire away!

Thanks for the help,
Ron

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
White Jensen-Healey ITS
Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS
Email: "rlearp at gt40s.com"

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited July 08, 2005).]