Hey wbp, I also am campaigning a swift in ITB. Actually just finished the schools and am looking for some set-up information.
I am having a big problem with understeer, and then drive out of the corner. I know that all FWD cars have drive out of corner problems, but this car is especially bad.
Right now I'm getting it corner weighted and adjusting the alignment.
I have a phantom grip, and cannot tell the difference from an open differential. I thought it was the differential, but you said swift's tend to pull up their inside front's.
So, I was wondering if you know of solutions for this with the swift's. I run 350# front springs with no swaybar, and 600# rears with the stock 19mm sway bar. I run 1.7 neg. camber on the front, with zero toe. I'm getting caster bushings for the front end for more positive caster.
At my last school at CMP I had a chance to follow a red ITC civic that ran third at the ARRC. It was obvious from following and watching the civic, that he had better "hook up" out of the corners, and more grip overall. He was running huge hoosiers, which may account for some of this, but not all...
matt