Some say the theory is that: “My front brakes do all the stopping, the rear does nothing, it doesn’t matter what shoes you run.”

We have experienced this theory to the fullest. We run stock shoes in the rear, and we have NEVER changed them in 4 years… they are doing nothing!!!

After talking with someone at Carbotech he implied that this theory is incorrect… he said that a lot of people think this way and just put any old shoe in the car… then the shoe gets “glazed” over and they do nothing. He said we would see a noticeable if not huge difference by putting “race” shoes into the rear. Obviously we would have to adjust our bias settings and what not, but it would help a lot in the stopping of the car, not to mention taking some of the work load of the fronts making them last longer as well.

What are your thoughts?

Raymond Blethen
RST Performance Racing

* My quotes from Carbotech may not be exact but that is what I got out of the conversation. The person I talked to was very good at not demoting other company’s products, which I admired a lot. Cudo’s to Carbotech as of now

------------------

RST Performance Racing
www.rstperformance.com
1st and 2nd 2003 ITB NARRC Championship
1st and 6th 2003 ITB NERRC Championship
3rd 2003 ITB ARRC Sprint Race
4th 2003 ITB ARRC Endoro
1st 2003 AS NERRC and NARRC Championships