IF cars get moved between classes, (A to , I would submit that it makes more scientific sense to move them with a line item allowing the continued use of 7" rims.

I assume some cars will need a weight adjustment. OK, thats fine, as it can be done apples to apples....I'll use my car as an example. Lets say my times are top dog at most tracks when I compare them with ITB times. (OK, I'm dreaming, but bear with me!) So the rulesmakers might want to add a little weight. Fine. But if you also change the wheels at the same time, how can you confidently predict performance? And how do you decide what to add for weight?

And for a lot of guys, it is a serious budget item. The standard quiver is 3 sets of wheels, and a set of rains mounted.

In the end, I agree that the big picture is important, and that a signifcant "trickle down" needs to occur. But I think that the bottom line is the on track performance, regardless of wheel width. Throwing away known performance is, in my mind, a questionable action, especially in light of the bugetary concerns.

That said, if you asked me whether I wanted to stay in A, at my current weight, and race against the big 4 at their current weight, or be moved to B on 6" wheels, I would, begrudingly, put B stickers on my car. I say that assuming that the CRB will be making significant moves of cars from S to A, such as the Neon, the NX-2000, The SE-r, and so on. But ask me tomorrow, and my answer might change!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]