Wore my new ISAAC Device for the first time this past weekend at Mid-O (NASA race), here's a short partial review of how I found it. I consider this to be a partial review, since I had no impacts, and I don't look forward to the idea of being able to write that second half of the review!

(Not that I wasn't given plenty of opportunity to test it, some real rusty drivers in that crowd!)

Anyway... It was certainly comfortable enough, no complaints, once I was in and installed. Sure, it took some time to hook up, but I was able to accomplish this even by myself without help. Having freezing cold hands didn't help! 35 deg is great for power, but kinda hard on the driver! LOL

Once I plugged in, as previously noted, there was the feeling of restriction, and I could hear the mechanical noises. OTOH, once we got moving, I couldn't hear a darn thing but my brain rattling (gonna have to put a quieter pipe on for my sake). I still noticed the restriction when driving; didn't realize that I turned my head that much while on course! Still I was able to look into corners without much issue; it certainly didn't slow me down, got my best times to date (obviously still learning the track).

Removing it was stupid quick, it really is no problem. No worries. The only thing that might hang you up is completely forgetting it's there, and so not unplugging it. I can see that happening; I once tried to get out of my car without removing the steering wheel, and I can see that part!

I was pleasntly surprised to find that I didn't have any issues finding my way around paddock with it on (I suited up in my paddock spot) - I was quite able to turn my head well enough to see beside me. Again, it's easy enough to pop anyway, once you get off track. I'm sure plugging it in will get easier too, with practice, just like getting used to a latch-type belt buckle (which I also use).

Overall, I'm happy I have it; while I hope to never find out how effective it may be, I feel reassured when I do feel it tugging on my helmet out there (rough corners/rumble strips), and am certainly glad that I have something now!

I also feel pretty good about purchasing a product from a company that is so responsive to us, the IT community, and that in general is so supportive after the sale. Thanks guys!

------------------
Vaughan Scott
'79 924 #77 ITA
Plymouth, MI
www.vaughanscott.com