Thread: 13B BANSHEE HOWL

Side seals went a month ago; both rears were in pieces. I got the engine rebuilt and have it back in and have just gotten it to start. It seems like it will run OK at higher RPM but, of course, I don't want to run it there yet. It is extremely rough below 3000-3500 and will not idle. On the other hand, at about that level and above there is a scream from what sounds like under the intake. It comes on and goes off like a light switch at the magic level and lags behind a bit as the RPMs drop. I've never heard this sound before. Any ideas?
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

My first thought would be a vac. leak at the intake manifold
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Make sure you have the injector seals in especially the seal that is under the injector.

I'm looking for a vacuum leak but haven't found anything. I have new washers on the injectors but wouldn't I get some gas leakage if they were not sealing?

BTW I mis-spoke- it was not the side seals it was the green rubber oil seals.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

AND WE HAVE A WINNER?

xr4racer was correct - the washers (Mazda calls them isolators) I got from the place that cleaned the injectors were too big - they literally would slide off the injector. I got some genuine Mazda ones and it purrs like a kitten. They did not leak gas because there is a vacuum there - the sound was the air being sucked in and the washers acting like reeds.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis