Thread: How can we get more cars in ITR and other IT classes?

Default How can we get more cars in ITR and other IT classes?

Over the past 2 years there's been a pretty steep drop off in ITR racers. I know there's plenty of cars out there, at least I think ... Numerous BMW's, Yellow Acura?, White Honda s2000. Was hoping we could reach out thru this site to get people motivated. Not everyone races a Miata right? If anyone wants to chime in, please go for it.

Russ

So many places to play now. And with the Runoffs having been at Indy, and this year being at VIR, I'm guessing a lot of cars are being siphoned off into Majors.

But don't give up!

We should try to gett some ITR focus on some specific events. But EP has been more fun lately!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

For Spring and early Summer if you own an ITR car try and make these events:

-Palmer May 4-5
    -NHMS May 25-36
    -Lime Rock June 14-25

I'm going to get names and emails of people who own ITR cars. I'll put a list together and see what kind of interest is out there. Will reach out to Auto-Technic and a few others to see if they have any new blood.

If you're reading this post and own an ITR car or know someone that does, please forward them my email (see below). I run into a lot of people at various events who have ITR cars but are doing DE events and such. Lets get this class going again!

Russ Jones
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jones View Post
    For Spring and early Summer if you own an ITR car try and make these events:

-Palmer May 4-5
    -NHMS May 25-36
    -Lime Rock June 14-25

I'm going to get names and emails of people who own ITR cars. I'll put a list together and see what kind of interest is out there. Will reach out to Auto-Technic and a few others to see if they have any new blood.

If you're reading this post and own an ITR car or know someone that does, please forward them my email (see below). I run into a lot of people at various events who have ITR cars but are doing DE events and such. Lets get this class going again!

Russ Jones
    [email protected]
    Russ- we converted our RX8’s to T4 so we could run competitively at the Majors races and go to Indy and now VIR. I wish they were more competitive in STL or T3 with the ITS/ITR setup but they just were not so we made the switch... For now even if we did return for an ITR race it two we wouldn’t be competitive with our T4 setup :-(. We do still have all the parts though so don’t count us out if you put together a big fun field someplace!!!

- Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Hey Raymond hope to have you guys back in ITR soon. I've reached out to about 10 people and to my delight everyone is excited to get things organized.

One guy I'm trying to track down is the dude with the Yellow Acura. He showed up at NHMS Memorial Day race a few years back and was really fast. Just can't remember his name. I believe you or your brother know him.

Thanks for any info.

Geoff Branscombe?