Thread: Looking for David Boles

Default Looking for David Boles

David Boles has /had Atlantic Auto Works in Melborne FL. He built a few VW motors for me .His phone and website are not working.It's possible he has retired. But I'm hoping some people in the area know .I've decided to get back into ITB racing with my A2 VW but the fields are not very full. Not like 10 years ago, anyway.
    So the car count in ITA is still very healthy and my A2 with teh 1.8 16 valve engine would have a ready to race weight of 2195 lbs. a reduction of 95 pounds from my ITB weight .I wanted to contact David to get his opinion on whether this makes sense.From the hp/weight it would seem to make sense.Maybe not a front running ITA car like the Miata ,but I have everything including the 1.8 16 valve motor, so getting back on track would be fairly reasonable
    Any help or opinions?? Also ,if David has retired...any suggestions for a VW builder??
    Thanks,
    Chris

Don't have Dave's numbers but put that Vw back on track we need some diversity and something tall I can draft with instead of those plunge cut Miata refugees. For some seeing a Vw might even garner a comment of what's that? Lol.

dboles at rocketmail dot com
    Might want to keep that car an 8V though since the 16V will be moved to ITB starting 1/1/2015. With the 16V, the weight will be 2560! Not sure how you are going to get to that weight unless you put all of the interior back into the car.
    http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...014%20(2)1.pdf
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

I'd heard that rumor about the 16 valve going to B. I didn't know it was official, though . With the new weight ,I'd have to add 280 lbs. That's not going to happen . I guess I'm back to running interference for the Fords. I hope some more B cars come out this year.
    Mike, see you at CMP in March??
    Thanks for the info Ralf,
    Chris

David has retired,so to speak, to a full time race car mechanic. Nice to do what you love. He is located just up the street from his old shop. Shop phone is 321 254-2769. E mail above is still correct I believe. You can't find a better VW person. Or for that fact a better race car man.

Chris, [email protected] or [email protected] always works..or 321-254 2769 I'm not at my shop every day, but there is an answering machine on my phone. I have retired and closed Atlantic Auto Works about 18 months ago. I have my race shop near where AAW was located and would be glad to help where ever possible. BTW, I'm back running in ITB with a MK3 Golf. We are having good turnout in ITB here in Central Florida. I think we had 19 cars at the Turkey Trots. Load up and come on down for some great racing.
    David Boles
    David Boles
    Boles Motorsports
    ITB 79
    Mk3 VW Golf

David,
    Thanks for your info .Our paths seem very similar. I've retired ,but I'm still doing cages on the side which means at this time of year it's a full time thing.
    I'm going to see how it is to race on SS. Central Florida is a pretty good haul from here, but I am planning on making the April race at Roebling.Maybe we'll meet there. The A2 is still running well,but I will call you in the near future and talk about possibly making some changes.
    Chris

Sounds good. Hope you have a great Holiday Season.
    David
    David Boles
    Boles Motorsports
    ITB 79
    Mk3 VW Golf