Thread: STL cylinder head porting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I feel bad for pointing out something that might have ruined tGAs Saturday. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by adamjabaay View Post
    I feel bad for pointing out something that might have ruined tGAs Saturday. Ha
    tGA picked up parts for his soon-to-be HSR vintage racing car, cut a deal on the engine build for it, picked up an interior for his 914 street car, and spent some time with an HSR/914 buddy at a local micro-brewery, tasting some pretty good beers. He picked up a couple growlers for future spending time with family at Christmas this next week, and picked up some hardware for the street 914 at the Big Orange Race Car company (who also sponsors a NASCAR team). Tonight's plans are to spend the rest of the evening with the wife and some friends. Just can't ruin that...

No matter what, there's always something else...

GA

PHEW!

I'll go back to work now.... keep having fun!

I submitted my first ever letter to the CRB ... #16150

#15577 (Club Racing Board) Cylinder Heads. I am OPPOSED to this concept. This does not solve
    any existing problem, and causes many new ones.

If it was intended to make it easier on tech personnel because they have no way of determining
    whether a car is compliant or not, how will they be able to determine whether a car should have
    a penalty adder applied? Therefore, if this is the perceived problem, this concept does not solve it.

Since cylinder head porting is against the philosophy of the class as originally defined, this
    proposed change creates the problem of rules creep. This would cause people who have already
    prepared their cars to the limit of the legal landscape to now expend futher effort and money
    to chase the efforts of those who have already done so illegally.

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010