I've had a pair of G-Force 235s for a while and I like them mostly in their simplicity and bang-for-buck. They're getting pretty worn out though and it's time to go for something more new and shiny.

I got some Impact shoes a year or so ago and they were absolute crapola. build quality was junk and the materials were sub-par and they literally fell apart on their 2nd race weekend. I'm back to the old G-Force that I kept for backup, and I don't want to make the mistake of buying junk again.

I'm of course on a budget so I can't afford $300 shoes that I wear 2 days a month. The G-Force are cheap and effective, but thought I'd see what others recommend before I go with the old standby..
Feet are normal size, normal width, so I don't need anything weird. Prefer mid-top.

The floor of my 240SX gets pretty hot so I do like the heel cover that runs around and up the heel so the leather isn't exposed directly to the heat of the floor.

so what say you- any recommendations on something relatively inexpensive that isn't total sheit?

Thanks.