Quote Originally Posted by zchris View Post
I think a lot of the IT guys want the contingency monies they are not eligible for. What I believe they do not realize is that would mostly go away as the companies making those payouts would not be able to afford the huge number of regional events that take place. And it would further dilute the lesser suscribed classes. Effectively killing off most Prod, GT and Formula car classes. Can you guys now see what would be the start of the clubs death spiral. Haven't you IT guys done this club enough damage by eliminating the cheap entry point known as IT with massive rules creep. Flame away.
No flaming. It's just a silly argument, in terms of both the cause-effect proposition (or leaps, I should say) for which there's exactly no evidence, and your projection of an intention on some folks that so far I as can recall, I've never heard voiced. To the latter point, I pretty consistently didn't get those whoopity-do contingency awards running Majors because of participation numbers low enough to prevent them from kicking in.

You also completely don't really understand the dynamic of the "cheap entry point" and "rules creep" in IT. Budgets went up ONLY because people were willing to spend more to be competitive. Rules creep had some TINY impact on that, and new allowances NEVER forced anyone to spend more money than they would have otherwise been likely to spend. A newb can absolutely still use IT as an "entry point" for a very, VERY modest amount of money. He can't WIN, maybe, but we have no obligation to give everyone a first place trophy.

I do like the fear mongering strategy of invoking the inevitable outcome of a change KILLING OFF entire categories, though. That's some good web argument hyperbole right there.

K