Why is Regional Racing the stepchild that eats with the dogs?
1. Because Topeka doesn’t make $ on Regionals. It makes money on the Runoffs and the qualifying races it does.
2. Because until about 30-40 years ago, Regionals were the ugly stepchild. You did your schools to get a Regional license. You did Regionals to get your National license. You did Nationals because, Roger’s going to see me and give me a ride in his Can-Am car! Topeka still thinks the Runoffs could be a big deal. They’re wrong.
3. We needed nationals to award tow $. I believe the tow fund is gone or so drastically reduced that nobody cares. Could be wrong on that.

There is no reason why we couldn’t have RACES. You FINISH 4/6/8/10 races during the year, you qualify for the Runoffs. We can even specify that you need to do it at 3 different tracks.

Get to the Runoffs and enforce a 115% rule. Oversubscribed classes get a last-chance race. Done.

yeah, I know. We’ve never had last-chance races and people won’t show up if they know they are in an oversubscribed class. We’ve NEVER tried that and it NEVER will work.