Thread: Getting Rid of Regional/Majors Distinction?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Kummer View Post
    I know some of you guys are saying getting rid of the distinction between Majors and Regionals will "save" SCCA Club Racing, but exactly how? i.e. - what benefit is there to SCCA (specifically you) to eliminate the distinction?

The benefit to me...more people to race with.

I think we need to make SCCA simple. Make it so everyone gets it and can easily get involved. Have a ladder system in place for the cars themselves that allow competitors to go faster and do more with the car if they want to... like ss to it to prod to gt back in the day. Make simple divisional championships that include every single race in the division. Make every race in the country eligible towards the runoffs... gasp I know crazy idea! Make the points benefit those that beat more cars so the larger the field the more points... this will allow everyone to race each other whenever and let the cream rise to the top. Let regions create their own little championships within the divisional championships if they want a more local thing. That I think will make it simple to understand and drive competitors to race more.

Stephen

It would be interesting to know just how many people seriously want to attend the Runoffs. With it being such a drawn out event, usually large towing costs, and all of the other expenses including vacation time... I realize there are some tracks like Laguna which have a bigger appeal.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing