Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 NERRC schedule

Jake I can agree but not all fit your description and I think its Road racings best source for new blood.

What's kind of funny is when I asked to change the LRP schedule making Friday qualifying actually count, I was told no one will come Friday because they have to work.
    And if they can't make Friday they wont come on Saturday.......My how things have changed :-)

Now we will be racing on Friday/Saturday at Thompson and practicing on Thursday!
    Jerry
    NER South

I agree with dan and think if we did change points keep it as the more points the better... I do agree with the others though and make it benefit participation with extra points for every car you beat that takes the start. Then we could even have an overall NERRC champion, which would be cool! I also think we should continue drops since that keeps this affordable and not a budget wins all championship. Based on the results the drop system we have works well in most every class that I can see.

Stephen

20 points for first
    18 for second
    16 for third
    14 for fourth
    Then 13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0 respectively after that.

Then 1 bonus point for every car you beat that took the start.
    Count your best 10 finishes. In the event if a tie you add your 11th finish then 12 and so on till a winner is decided. It is highly unlikely but possible to still have a tie, at that point they thumb wrestle at the banquet.

Stephen

I meant to add that the "bonus" points would be added to the last car in your class. So if you miss a race and there were 12 cars that finished in your class, you would get 13 points (although I like Glenn's idea of different points for different levels of not finishing). Maybe in order to keep large classes from suffering, you can only get a maximum of 10 points, plus bonuses. Kinda like F1 with only the top finishers getting points.

Meh, it was just an idea. Stephen asked for comments...I gave them.
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

Quote Originally Posted by team-gpracing View Post
    ...Meh, it was just an idea. Stephen asked for comments...I gave them.
    never-mind-gilda-radner-rosanne-rosannadanna.jpg

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    As Stephen said, lower entry fees will bring cars.
    We need to make a bigger deal of our events.
    Promote our, one of a kind, series NERRC.
    make racers want to attend!

Sebring's Turkey Trot (regional) had 340+ entries @ $230.
    We have gone from trying to get more entries to discussing a fix for something that isnt broken. Points structure isnt going to draw entries.

Now 3 tracks south of NH might draw some guys from NY/NJ/CT Lime Rock only guys. How doi we attratct them to the series and get them excited about running with us. Like it says, more entries lower costs. Lime Rock draws cars, Palmer is going to attract some as well. Thompson is still fresh. NHMS is long in the tooth and has issues that dont need to be discussed. We know that already. BUT the road to the Championship goes through NH.

This does not need to be a big long disertation on costs and structure. Just Ideas as simple as Challange guys in your class to a race, North VS South who knows. Call the NJRRS guys out and see if they show up. We did to the Canadians and they showed up for years. Maybe event tee shirts to draw attention to a race or series. Its going to be tough to attract a Large sponsor to do every class. BUT Maybe the NERRC SM Championship by Flatout, The NERRC IT7 Championship by it7racing.com, The NERRC F2000 Championship by Widgets INC.

The worst any one can say is no, every no is one step closer to a yes. Try asking for a little support for your class. Promote our series and MAKE racers want to attend.

Any Ideas??????
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Dan, Got your VM, Will call a little later...

I think sometimes we can look within aka points. What if the points battle was super close in your class heading into the last race at Thompson, could you convince that buddy to show up?

How about if you knew you could earn just enough points to make you overall champion in nerrc but you need to beat 5guys in that last race? Would you try super hard to get 5 guys to show up? Again just an idea to toss around, most people are not going after the championship and don't attend a majority of the races.

I am working on an awesome sponser for every champion... more to come on that soon, @ the banquet... :-)

I agree a close points battle is a sure way to get entries. Look at IT7 last season, second and third were up for grabs and I know some showed up just to try and get the next position. Jason entered purly due to trying to bet Gregs big Dick.

But the points system used is not the reason cars dont go to NHMS, lets leave it alone until its an issue. Lets work on attracting teams and cars to the series.

Talk to you later
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Have you lost ALL respect? How dare you leave out Hairy.

Is there a general feel for how many people truly pursue the championship, versus happen to be included in the points since they happened to be at that event?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Everyone wants a chance to beat Greg's Big Hairy Dick.
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

Well we will see how many go to the banquet... maybe a few more actually care as well but I bet out of everyone that participates it's a low percentage. As with anything unless your in the position to place you tend not to care as much especially when at our level many race weekend to Weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Have you lost ALL respect? How dare you leave out Hairy.

Is there a general feel for how many people truly pursue the championship, versus happen to be included in the points since they happened to be at that event?
    Dave, that's a question I have asked for years at meetings. How do you measure success??

They say the divisional championship was a success because (my numbers may be off a bit) 135 racers ran 5 or more races.
    Well, that's 2 1/2 events out of 8 events???
    Would you or should we consider that a success??
    Heck, SM didn't have a champion because no one ran the minimum events to qualify!

I don't believe the majority of racers care to or can afford to chase traveling series today.

Look at the NARRC results, how many racers actually chased points???

Pro IT, great series but how many guys actually follow it????

Why we race has gone in a different direction over the last few years, Regions, Divisions and National need to recognize this!

Ok, I'm done!
    Jerry
    NER South

Why we race has gone in a different direction over the last few years, Regions, Divisions and National need to recognize this!
    Absolutely agree. I don't even know who won in my own class! LOL That's pretty crazy about SM; didn't know that.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Well we will see how many go to the banquet... maybe a few more actually care as well but I bet out of everyone that participates it's a low percentage. As with anything unless your in the position to place you tend not to care as much especially when at our level many race weekend to Weekend.
    I wish I could make the banquet, but it's the same weekend as my wife's company Christmas party.
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    Jason entered purly due to trying to [beat] Gregs big Dick.
    Jason's welcome to give that a shot any time he wants.

Sorry, wrong forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Jason's welcome to give that a shot any time he wants.

Sorry, wrong forum...

see post #70
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

Quote Originally Posted by georgethefierce View Post
    see post #70
    Dammit! Late to my own joke...

Jerry- my one opinion on championships....
    One year, when my program was running reliably, I looked at the schedule and chose the races that I wanted to compete for the win in. IIRC, I couldn't go to the ARRC that year due to a conflict, and after looking at the schedule, I saw that if i added a few races, I could compete for the NARRC. (This was '08) As I recall there had been some rules changes, that made the concept more palatable. I think the changes made the series less "Run every race and finish" and more "Run a moderate amount of select races, but you'll have to do WELL".
    I'm glad I did it, and the Championship came down to the last race at Lime Rock..the NARRC Runoffs, in the rain, and a 3rd overall/first in class clinched it for me. (IT7, ran with ITA that year)

But....I had little desire to go for a repeat. I had to go to Pocono. (Yeccch), and NH was repeated twice (yechh) ...I had to skip the spring race there, putting me in a big hole.
    And the Pocono race resulted in damage that affected my performance at the IT-Fest in Mid Ohio which followed closely.

So, it's cool, and all, but, I like the freedom of heading to the race and track that fit my schedule, and racing goals better.
    It was fun, glad I did it and proved to myself that if I applied myself that I could do it, but once was enough!

Before I decided to take a crack, I was turned off by how it was run. Too many weak drivers won it, with their highest finish being a 5th in fields of 12. Thats just a trophy for entering and finishing the most races. The changes to a more compact "count X number of races" was the impetus for my run....I had to win most races to get the trophy.

Again, thats just my opinion.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

There were people on the NARRC committee that would always push for the "all races count"
    I would always argue against.
    Towards the end, oh wait, did I say end??, I was able to win out and have throwaways.
    Jerry
    NER South

I think the biggest challenge is we have too many events and tracks luring entrants, which is a good problem to have. If someone doesn't like one track, why go there just for a "championship" when they have another more attractive option to them on the same weekend? I think a series works much better in geographic areas where there is one primary track, then they dabble in a couple others such as done in the WDCR.

Maybe there's a way to make it more attractive to people; just not sure how.
    Dave Gran