Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It would be nice

I think that the two cars touch side-to-side from the Miata in question just wandering around a bit, at which point the drag of the tire touching yanks him further driver's left.

K

Umm....unless I'm misinterpretating the rear-view mirror...the car on driver's left comes down into the Miata's rear, turning the Miata left and into Ed's ass, turning him....

This is why the the video from the Teg will tell us what we need to know. Jeff's shot looks like the Teg drove into the Miata creating the ripple...but as Dan said, their review shows her holding her arc. Will be interesting.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I'm really pissed about the quality of the video on YouTube. When I run it on my computer it is crystal clear.............

Again, in past situations I've seen multiple videos all showing one thing and then you get that last one that shows what REALLY happened so I hold judgment........

My view: I was holding steady because I was riding the curb on the inside and had Ed inches off my door on the left. The Miata behind me seems to be holding steady with me and is also riding the inside curb. It "looks" like Denise gets bogged down behind Ed, sees me moving past him and decides to tuck in behind me not realizing the Miata was there.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I watched is several times. The miata holds his line. I was comparing it to how much gap there was between him and the side, which does not change. Isn't this the video that really shows what happened? I don't know what else is needed.

Jeff, usually when uploading it to YouTube, you're provided options about what quality you want to upload it. To watch it on a computer, it's not as critical.

To answer Ed's original question, I truly don't think whomever caused this incident even realizes it.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    I watched is several times. The miata holds his line. I was comparing it to how much gap there was between him and the side, which does not change. Isn't this the video that really shows what happened? I don't know what else is needed.

Jeff, usually when uploading it to YouTube, you're provided options about what quality you want to upload it. To watch it on a computer, it's not as critical.

To answer Ed's original question, I truly don't think whomever caused this incident even realizes it.
    Then that is even worse. Is this going to have to turn into one of those cases where the drivers have to have an intervention? I have no problem at all with people who race hard but clean, or with rubs and dings when it's just the result of hard racing.
    I do have problems with those who can't see anything from the doors back. There are an awful lot of people in the club who can't see anyone next to them. I've been put over the curb ON THE PACE LAP before by one, and knocked off track while in a race by others. I'm talking full side by side, not just having a nose up on someone.
    How do you NOT see someone completely next to you?
    And how can you duck around on Big Bend at the start of a full field like that unless you are dead certain you are clear? You should KNOW everyone is stacked up and tight going into there. You aren't going to win the race on the first turn, but you damn sure can lose it, if not for you then for someone else.
    You hold your damn line until it sorts out a little bit so you don't f*** it up for everyone else.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

I was 51% sure I knew what happened after Greg's video. Now I'm not sure at all based on Jeff's video. Let's see the last video and we might have something.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Does anyone here know the Miata, Kurt Syer? Would like the view from that car too. Also still not sure if there was any other cars near either one that could have started the entire schlamoozle.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

I forgot I had only posted this to FaceBook. It might be clearer on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yopd...ature=youtu.be

Looks like the action starts just as Ed comes into view in the video. Again, viewing it from the source, the Miata is a foot or two off Ed's bumper when Ed starts to come around. If there was any contact from the Miata it was after Ed starts his spin....
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Impartial viewer here......

Safe to say it sure wasn't the fault of the r/w/b Miata. I'll leave it there...