Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
I watched is several times. The miata holds his line. I was comparing it to how much gap there was between him and the side, which does not change. Isn't this the video that really shows what happened? I don't know what else is needed.

Jeff, usually when uploading it to YouTube, you're provided options about what quality you want to upload it. To watch it on a computer, it's not as critical.

To answer Ed's original question, I truly don't think whomever caused this incident even realizes it.
Then that is even worse. Is this going to have to turn into one of those cases where the drivers have to have an intervention? I have no problem at all with people who race hard but clean, or with rubs and dings when it's just the result of hard racing.
I do have problems with those who can't see anything from the doors back. There are an awful lot of people in the club who can't see anyone next to them. I've been put over the curb ON THE PACE LAP before by one, and knocked off track while in a race by others. I'm talking full side by side, not just having a nose up on someone.
How do you NOT see someone completely next to you?
And how can you duck around on Big Bend at the start of a full field like that unless you are dead certain you are clear? You should KNOW everyone is stacked up and tight going into there. You aren't going to win the race on the first turn, but you damn sure can lose it, if not for you then for someone else.
You hold your damn line until it sorts out a little bit so you don't f*** it up for everyone else.