Thread: It would be nice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I love the courtesy of waving at the RX-7 just after it hits you. My friends make fun of me for waving too much, but that's going above and beyond.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

The question is what created the sudden movement of the Miata. It seems unlikely it was Denise as in the :29 frame she appears to be too far away from him. It also appears to me that the Miata is NOT on the curbing when viewing this on a very large screen.

DVB's video will tell a lot.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Here is my video. It was really good quality until I up loaded to YouTube, But look in my rear view mirror............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=albq...ature=youtu.be
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I think that the two cars touch side-to-side from the Miata in question just wandering around a bit, at which point the drag of the tire touching yanks him further driver's left.

K

Umm....unless I'm misinterpretating the rear-view mirror...the car on driver's left comes down into the Miata's rear, turning the Miata left and into Ed's ass, turning him....

This is why the the video from the Teg will tell us what we need to know. Jeff's shot looks like the Teg drove into the Miata creating the ripple...but as Dan said, their review shows her holding her arc. Will be interesting.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I'm really pissed about the quality of the video on YouTube. When I run it on my computer it is crystal clear.............

Again, in past situations I've seen multiple videos all showing one thing and then you get that last one that shows what REALLY happened so I hold judgment........

My view: I was holding steady because I was riding the curb on the inside and had Ed inches off my door on the left. The Miata behind me seems to be holding steady with me and is also riding the inside curb. It "looks" like Denise gets bogged down behind Ed, sees me moving past him and decides to tuck in behind me not realizing the Miata was there.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place