in the couple of laps before the crash, eyewitnesses at the bottom of turn 10
said that my left rear wheel was bouncing, rather than just the hopping it normally
does, so we are going to check to see if the shock failed ... if so, what probably
happened is that while I normally have to dial in a little correction to counter the sliding
and hopping rear tires... but if it/they were bouncing, then the same amount of correction
would be way too much, and that's what shot me into the tires/jersey barrier on drivers left

so I borrowed the red #55 RX7 we helped build for Bob's nephew Ricky so that
I could get some racing in on Sunday ... had to make a few adjustments (Ricky
is 6'10" and I am .... not)

unfortunately, Ricky had pre-murdered his engine by unknowingly running it
without coolant for a lap after his kiss with the turn 2 wall in the May school,
and we weren't quite sure how long the engine would last.... on Sunday morning
we found out ... it had three laps left in it.

So... we have a roller completely ready, caged, logbooked, and with suspension
and brakes etc, ...to accept the drivetrain and diff .... purchased and ready for just
this eventuality ... and think we can get it fully put together and adjusted in two
weekends

However, now that we need to build a new engine for Ricky to run Thomson too, it
is too much to try to squeeze in the alloted time, so we are going to build Ricky's engine,
and Bob is lending me the 82 car for Limerock, he will be there to crew ... we just have
to change the seat, and drop in a replacement tranny (we have a bunch in rotation)

On the 14 ... everything important seems fine ... so the switchover to the roller
should be an easy between season project.... no worries