Thread: ITS VR6 Corrado weight

Default ITS VR6 Corrado weight

I have a car that has pretty much dropped in my lap.......In contemplating an ITS build..........

Does anyone with experience in these cars know if it is possible to get them down to 2680 lbs?
    Derek Ketchie SEDiv

The Mk 2 Golf 8V is around 2080 plus driver with the 1.5 x090 cage. You should be able to hit 2400 pus driver. The VR and power steering has t o be about plus 200# over the 8V.
    Check the rules for cage tube size and avoid the multi tube rear section.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Contact Tim Dugan, he raced one successfully in New England. He's on here under that name.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Derek, PM me or email me at jeff....dot....young....dot...us......dot....abb.. ...dot....com.

Yes, the cars can make weight. Yes, I think that car can be very competitive if you can keep the fronts (275/35/15!) under it. I would do it and would love to see an ITS Corrado out with us in the SEDiv.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

The Corrado can be rear steered just like the Mk 2 and Mk3 jetts. The K 2 Chassis has the large rear axle bushings.
    20 min with a saw and the car picks up about 1 sec per min.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

275/35/15 will never fit right on a 7 inch rim!! yes i did ok with the car i struggled for a long time with axels snapping and major tire wear. car was a fun car to drive and it always sounded great!! car is good for sprint races but not sure how it would do in an enduro? i wonder how it would do in prod trim? running slicks and wide rims to fit those 275/35 tires.if u want to do longer races i would think long and hard but if you just do sprint races fun car at 10 10ths !!!
    2010 NERRC ITB Champion
    2012 NERRC ITS 3rd place
    2013 NERRC ITS 2nd

The axles can be fixed with proper prep/parts and centering the engine/trans to avoid bottoming out the axle plunge. Tires wear better and the car makes more lateral grip with a welded diff. The DRS also wil add a lot of handling to this chassis .
    Still a very up hill battle with 850# loaded on the LF tire. vs the RWD cars. You could easily spend 20K and not have a front runner as you cant cheat physics.

Prod may be more successful as you can move the battery, loose the PS and headlights run bigger wheels etc.
    There are a few in Chump running 17x9 front wheels and going pretty well. The small tank limits fuel run short of the 2 hr max tho and none have podiumed yet.