Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Wheel sizes are unrestricted in Street Prepared, but the car is prepared for IT and I can't mix the two sets.

As it sits now, if it doesn't meet the IT rules it would end up in G Prepared.
Stop.

ITE and ITX have nothing to do with the prep regs in the Improved Touring rules set as published in the GCR (note neither class is listed). ITE and ITX (and in the northeast, ITEZ) are "catch all" classes designed to allow someone to compete in a car that meets the safety requirements of Improved Touring yet not the prep regs, except they must use DOT radial tires. As such, there's typically no wheel size requirements. on the down side, there's no limit to the prep a car may do, thus you're likely to get your ass handed to you by much faster equipment. But you can run.

What SCCA division are you in? Look in that div's web pages for ITE/ITX/ITEZ regs.

...they are encouraging me to compete at a national event and I'm sure someone there will care, particularly if I beat them.
You want to run a Majors event? You cannot in ITE, ITEZ, or ITX. You must run a car fully compliant to the GCR-published regs, which means you'll need ITC-compliant wheels.

GA