Thread: 1992 ITA Integra - The Best ITA Car in the U.S.

Default 1992 ITA Integra - The Best ITA Car in the U.S.

Yes, we are finally selling our 1992 Acura Integra ITA race car.

As some of you may know, Kevin has taken a new job and moved to Texas. We will be keeping our National Champion FP Integra but it has come time for us to sell our beloved ITA Integra.

This car was built by Ruck Racing in the winter & spring of 2004. It has competed in 104 races, with 50 wins and 87 podium finishes, and currently owns the ITA track record at Mid-Ohio (pro course), Road America, Putnum Park, and IRP. It competed in every ARRC ITA race from 2004 to 2009, and again in 2011, during the height of ITA racing, against the deepest and most talented fields the class ever experienced. During that time, it won twice (2008 & 2009), and finished on the podium three other times (3rd 2005, 2nd 2006, & 2nd 2011), against the likes of J. Moser, R. Moser, Price, Nealey, Muresan, Stretch, etc. It is one of only three ITA cars to ever get into the 1:41's at Road Atlanta (J. Moser & Price), and one of only three to ever get into the 1:42's at Mid-Ohio club course (J. Moser & R. Moser). It is certainly one of the fastest, if not the fastest ITA car in the country, and without a doubt the fastest ITA Integra. It is 100% legal, fully developed, fast, consistent, reliable, easy and comfortable to drive, and easy to work on and maintain. It really needs nothing but a new driver.

It would also be easy to convert to STL or FP and we will even show the new owner how to do it.

Go to www.RuckRacing.com and click on the link to see more details about this car. You can also look at the race results tab to see details on every race it has ever run.

If you like forever working on your car and finishing mid pack, this is not the car for you. This car finishes and wins races.

You are probably saying, “It’s not the car that is fast, its Kevin.” And you would be partly right. Yes, Kevin is a pretty amazing driver but let me tell you about the car. I (Kevin’s dad) drove this Integra in 5 races, all at Road America. I liked driving there because my family is in Wisconsin and they would come to watch me race. Now I have never been accused of being anywhere near the driver Kevin is, but I won four of my five races in this car and finished 2nd in the fifth one. All four of my wins were with ITA fields of about a dozen or so cars, and I not only won but turned in the fastest ITA lap. My second place race occurred in Sept of 2008 in a hard all day downpour. That race was just a few weeks before Kevin was planning on taking the car to the ARRC so I was tiptoeing around the course so as not to damage the car. Kevin ended up winning the ARRC that year in it.

The funny thing is, on that rainy weekend, as I was being very careful not to damage the car, I was experimenting with the fairly new rear brake bias system I had installed. That would only take Kevin a few laps to accomplish, but it took me all weekend. In Sunday’s race I finally decided to put full rear bias and see how deep I could go into the corners without locking up and going into a skid. I kept going deeper and deeper and deeper, and then the race was over and I had still not locked them up. I finished in second place but at the end of the race I was turning in laps that were over 2 seconds faster than any other ITA car had gone that weekend. You can go in the archives to verify that.

So if you are a horrible driver, you will finish all the way up in mid pack in this car. If you are an average driver like me you will win most of your races. If you are a driver as good as Kevin you will set track records. And the best thing of all is how easy this car is to drive. If you don’t believe that, go to YouTube and find some video of Joe Moser in his CRX as he was usually edging Kevin out for the win. You will see that he is within a whisker of flying off the track in every corner as he saws on the wheel to keep it on the track. Then find some video of Kevin in this car and watch how relaxed and deliberate all his movements are with the steering wheel. That should show you how easy this car is to drive – it even has power steering. I’m not kidding. It must be installed to be legal. Yes you could probably take the guts out of the PS pump or just remove the drive belt, but we never did, didn’t need to.

You can probably tell I have a lot of passion for this car. It’s the car that taught us 80% of what we know about racing and it kills me think of selling it, but it kills me more to see it not doing what we built it to do – win races.

Is this a for sale ad or essay ?

Quote Originally Posted by slopok View Post
    no need to be a dick

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Seriously. When people see cars winning races then that driver jumping into other cars and winning races again, Kevin's dad was right to explain a bit more about the car. I read it all and am not in the market to buy another car. It was a good follow-up and explanation. Don't want to read it, don't.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Don't want to read it, don't.
    Buy...how will you know that you don't want to read it, unless you read it...? What has been read, cannot be unread.

Heavy, man...

Deep, truly deep. Too much for a Monday morning!
    Dave Gran

Goin' back to bed.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Ed

Aren't you at a hog tying contest or something in Missouri?
    Abhi Ghatak
    1995 ITA Miata by Kessler Engineering
    2012 NERRC ITA Champion
    2013 NERRC ITA Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi View Post
    Aren't you at a hog tying contest or something in Missouri?
    Family reunion. Same thing.

There you go besmirching my family! Sir, them's fightin' words! You are hereby challenged to a duel....pick yer weapon.
    Ed Funk

What, your family prefers sheep...?

Sheep are cleaner. Yer still besmirchin'.
    Ed Funk

Llamas. They're taller than sheep, and easier on aging knees.

Just sayin'.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Not gonna ask how you know that.
    Ed Funk

Quote Originally Posted by slopok View Post
    Ha, good question. You are right it was a bit wordy, but I thought it appropriate as most people perusing this site are just killing time anyway. If you want to see a real essay go look at the detailed description of the ITA Integra at www.RuckRacing.com/ITAIntegra.asp complete with pictures.

LOL!!! Free book goes to the new buyer as well. I know, totally what sells the Teg.

And Rob, please tell me the rumors of you opening Llamas farm that are "properly heat cycled" isn't true!!!!
    Dave Gran

I'm guessing the correct respond to that comment Dave isn't "Ewe."
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    LOL!!! Free book goes to the new buyer as well. I know, totally what sells the Teg.

And Rob, please tell me the rumors of you opening Llamas farm that are "properly heat cycled" isn't true!!!!
    I was always honored that the Integra was on the cover of "Go Ahead - Take the wheel". It is a great book, albeit basic, that I have several copies of. I just wished it was available back in 1999 when we started racing - it would have saved us a lot of time and grief. I have thought several times of collaborating with Dave in writing a sequel called "Go ahead - Race, Finish, and Win!".

Richard Ruck

Oh, it has been suggested that I should list the asking price here because not everyone would bother to go to the web site to see it there.
    We are asking $13,900 for the two time ARRC champion ITA Integra.

And we will be selling the ARRC champion ITB/HP 1992 Civic eventually as well after I get the conversion to HP finished. Actually it will be fully capable of running in either ITB or HP with just an engine swap - which is ridiculously easy in this car.

Richard Ruck