Thread: Dragon Hillclimb?

Default Dragon Hillclimb?

Has anyone run this Hillclimb?. It looks stupid fast and straight. Scares me and I fly my self designed and built airplane.
    Please enlighten me.
    Thanks,MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

I ran it this past spring. It is fast and the biggest challenge is managing the asphalt, if you can call it that. GREAT GROUP and LOTS of FUN. The whole town comes out to watch.

Here is one run I made.

There are some big "gotcha" spots along the course. There is a hole big enough to swallow a car at ones spot. I am probably about 6/10 on this run. Didn't want to go much faster and it rained on Sunday. This was my first time to run this hillclimb so I didn't know the road well and only took one recon run in my truck.

You will have a blast!

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Last edited by pballance; 08-15-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Nice vid. The sound was like rain drops and then I noticed the change as you went to new pavement.
    The next vid that pops up is a LS/ 260Z car it runs well up into 4th gear. Scary fast with the ditch along the road. i still would like to get there and take a recon lap at least..
    Maybe a good place for the Turbo chumper if I ever get the time put it back together. We need the gear set for the prod car as we will now actually buy newish tires. Of the right size.
    MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

If we get the engine back in time Jay & I are talking about taking the GTA car to the hill climb this year. Eric Bartel & I shared the ride in 2012 and it's a neat event - community is fully behind it and it's a throw-back to the days when they'd shut down the highways, toss out a few hay bales, and go racing. Biggest thing to remember is Robbinsville is in a dry county, so bring your adult beverages with you!
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Not many places you can smell funnel cakes cooking as you blast by the spectator area.