Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
Neither the CRB nor the STAC (nor I) has made a proclamation that "no" consideration will be made until data on a full-tilt build is presented to them.

However, there's absolutely zero point in making chances until someone builds one*.

We can always go back to "US market engines only" if it'll make people feel better...that way there's no ambiguity.

GA

* If you truly believe that 2mm of TIR will make that much of a difference, enough so that you'll not even consider building it, then IMO it's not going to be a competitive package anyway...
I see/saw it all the time when people are/were asking for help for a particular car. "we believe that engine will make 30%. you only make 25% so you must be doing something wrong. keep trying and come back when you spend more money and still can't make 30%."

This engine with a stock T28 turbo will NEVER be competitive with 20-year newer technology and way better turbos, but it's a farsight better than the current KA that's sucking air through a crappy intake manifold and tiny throttle body that can't be changed. My plan for an SR20 build was intended as a cheap way to get CLOSER to the competition, and I don't intend to build it to the limits. However, if its going to just be choked down from day 1 then why even bother spending thousands only to still get beat by the same people that already beat me?

I'll quit beating the dead horse and let these guys get back to the topic- it's not going to get me anywhere anyway..