Thread: WhaHoppened?

Default WhaHoppened?

In the IT race at NHMS yesterday PM? One race lap then 5-6 under FCY! Looked like the ITA race was a good one!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post
    In the IT race at NHMS yesterday PM? One race lap then 5-6 under FCY! Looked like the ITA race was a good one!
    ITR(?) BMW went straight off into the tire wall at T3, lap 1. Blew the cooling system (steam coming out of the car) and driver could not/would not back up and continue and did not get out of the car. Control called FCY to flat-bed it out and drop some absorbent on the track (it was cleaned up post-session). At the same time, some car (white) went off into the gravel at the exit of T6, and was too deep into it for the pickup truck to get to, so a wrecker had to be dispatched to collect it.

Because of the time involved in recovering both vehicles, it became a time-limited race.

GA, who was observing from Control at the time...

tGA covered the carnage well.

Abhi took off in the start and Matthew Rowe got by me as well. Chased Matt the entire race with Jeff Lawton right behind me, nipping at my heels. On the 2nd to last lap we went thru t3 3 wide. I got by Matt and Jeff got by both of us. Fun race!
    Last edited by jwasilko; 08-11-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

Black bmw was Anthony Suppa (sp) who blew then engine possibly from a miss shift but I never really heard from him. Couldn't get the car slowed down and went into t3 wall. Not hard but enough to mess up the front bumper. Couldn't move because of the engine mishap. In t6 it was the ITS 924 that went deep into the gravel. He was eventually pulled out and continued on.

I wish I had some NEW R7 tires like Tim had on his BMW, They are cool looking and fast!

Stephen

20140810_133522.jpg
    Last edited by StephenB; 08-11-2014 at 08:38 AM.

I hear those things are where it's at. They still aren't available in my size (go-kart)....maybe in a month or so.

Nice driving everyone. It was a fun race to watch.
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

In the Saturday afternoon race (I think) when we finished under full course yellow. During the yellow laps I pulled up next to one of the IT7 cars coming up over Turn 5. Not sure who it was (you'll look the same to me) but wanted to explain why I did it. I think he thought I was trying to pass............
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place