Thread: Audi KX Microfiche

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is the 4 cyl /9/1 engine valued at? Whatever that value is, X 1.23 would be the best real value.

If the GTI is 90, the 5cyl is 110.
    The 5cyl shares most specs with the 1.7 engine,
    / 5cyl had the small valves, shitty cam . These items reduce the power range to less than 5800 .
    If the cars are run much over 5800 the engine specs are most likely OOR. IMHO.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

You're spot on...its a the same as a GTI motor (same piston size,rods..ect.) but +1 cylinder....small valves and all. Although I think some of the GTIs have 10:1 compression ?.. where as the Audi's are 8.5:1.
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

GTI is low compression also. The Golf GTI was when they went 10:1
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Does the 5cyl have 38 or 40mm intakes? I thought that they were 38mm . More like the non GTI solid head engine. 8.5 engine-85- 88hp ish.
    The spec line shows 38mm and the same specs as the 1.7 engine. And the throttle body is small along with a very small cam.
    Allof my USA specs show 1.7 times 1.25. **Not the same as the GTI ** Actual power estimation should be about x 1.2- 1.23 with cam and ring loss.
    The later and Canadian cars often had the 2.2+ engine .
    The Canadian car had much better numbers for some reason. I had both at the same time The Northerncar had the 2.2, the USA car had the 2.1. The 2.2 ran much better.

*** Maybe the racers are trying to get weight for the US car and racing the Canadian car. ** That would never happen ... Just like the guy that won the ARRC in the Rocco with the Golf engine , marked it as Canadian spec , thus it was legal for a while .

Have funwith it,MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/