Thread: Audi KX Microfiche

Default Audi KX Microfiche

Audimicrochife1.jpg

Audimicrochife2.jpg

I found an Audi enthusiast that has an old Audi/VW microchife machine with a number of files from the 80's. He shared these pictures with me today. This correlates with my factory manual (paper version) and the owners manual that comes with the car and everything myself and the Blethen's have been saying for years.

I just wanted to share this so it is a centralized location, for reference to other Audi owners . Who, like me, may find out that the ITB Audi's are being classed using a wrong horse power number. (120 hp).

-John
    Last edited by Rabbit05; 08-09-2014 at 09:42 AM.
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

I agree, 110hp is the correct number and the car is over weight.

The competition board needs to fix it but I won't hold my breath.
    Ken

<------pretty much sums it up Ken....I have provided a few documents (pictures even) and yet nothing has surfaced from the crb other than "we have proof and information and we don't have to show you"....which is probably hidden somewhere in Topeka..in a basement...locked away...f.o.r.e.v.e.r.

Last edited by Rabbit05; 08-26-2014 at 04:00 PM.
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

What is the 4 cyl /9/1 engine valued at? Whatever that value is, X 1.23 would be the best real value.

If the GTI is 90, the 5cyl is 110.
    The 5cyl shares most specs with the 1.7 engine,
    / 5cyl had the small valves, shitty cam . These items reduce the power range to less than 5800 .
    If the cars are run much over 5800 the engine specs are most likely OOR. IMHO.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

You're spot on...its a the same as a GTI motor (same piston size,rods..ect.) but +1 cylinder....small valves and all. Although I think some of the GTIs have 10:1 compression ?.. where as the Audi's are 8.5:1.
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

GTI is low compression also. The Golf GTI was when they went 10:1
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Does the 5cyl have 38 or 40mm intakes? I thought that they were 38mm . More like the non GTI solid head engine. 8.5 engine-85- 88hp ish.
    The spec line shows 38mm and the same specs as the 1.7 engine. And the throttle body is small along with a very small cam.
    Allof my USA specs show 1.7 times 1.25. **Not the same as the GTI ** Actual power estimation should be about x 1.2- 1.23 with cam and ring loss.
    The later and Canadian cars often had the 2.2+ engine .
    The Canadian car had much better numbers for some reason. I had both at the same time The Northerncar had the 2.2, the USA car had the 2.1. The 2.2 ran much better.

*** Maybe the racers are trying to get weight for the US car and racing the Canadian car. ** That would never happen ... Just like the guy that won the ARRC in the Rocco with the Golf engine , marked it as Canadian spec , thus it was legal for a while .

Have funwith it,MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kendall17 View Post
    I agree, 110hp is the correct number and the car is over weight.

The competition board needs to fix it but I won't hold my breath.
    Just as a point of order, but the ITAC went to bat over this, and the CRB shut it down. Basically, 3 ITAC members ended up walking over the fiasco. (Knestis, Bettencourt (chair), and myself )
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com