Thread: NEDiv Championship Series Racing & Test Day at Pocono Raceway

Default NEDiv Championship Series Racing & Test Day at Pocono Raceway

There will be three days of on-track activity at Pocono Raceway this August 8-10 with a Pocono Test Day on Friday and the annual Tri-Region Laps to Conquer MS Divisional Championship and MARRS 6 event on Saturday & Sunday. This event is one of the seven weekends which will be used to determine the 2014 Northeast Division Champions. The Sunday feature races will be awarded double points. The races will also count for the MARRS Series and the Formula Vee Challenge Cup.

A good turnout is expected since the word is out that Pocono now offers a real place to race. The infield 2.26 mile track was rebuilt two years ago to be 45’ wide through the road course with international curbing, and the front straight is 100’ wide at the S/F line.

Online registration for the Tri-Region LCMS weekend is available at www.dlbracing.com. The information and registration form for the Test Day is attached.

We hope you can join us at Pocono on August 8 to test and August 9-10 to race.

George Bloeser, Chairman
    Tri-Region Race Group
    610-965-0585 (h)
    484-226-4315 (c)
    [email protected]
    Attached Files Attached Files

By the way, IT drivers in the Northeast Division finally have a chance to compete for Division Championship status! Remember, Pocono August 9-10 is a double points event with a full Test Day on Friday.

George

Issue is that it is the same weekend as RAL. lots of IT cars at that event.

Stephen

Very disappointed that I won't be able to make the test day. Anybody have some good video to share? I've run the track in the SCCA configuration, but it's been a while.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Thanks, Greg. Expect the view count to go up substantially during the next few days.

If that's the Sunday race as I think it is, the last lap is the fast one. I was the only "true" STL car in the field so they split-grid us to let the SRFs run free. Since they were running their own race I laid back to not mess with the top three's race. It was a fun race to watch. Last lap I decided to lay back and toss in a flyer. - GA

That appears to be the case. It also appears to be the race in which your trans decided that staying in certain gears was optional.