Thread: Spare tire placement??

Default Spare tire placement??

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but if I decide I want to keep the spare tire, does it have to stay in the original mounting spot? Also I'm assuming I have to run the space saver spare, which I believe was the only option for a 1994 Miata.
    Steve Elicati
    ITA 1994 Mazda Miata
    Central Florida Region

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Yes.
    Thank you, sir. So I guess filling the tire with lead is out of the question too?
    Steve Elicati
    ITA 1994 Mazda Miata
    Central Florida Region

I actually had a tech inspector at the ARRC remove mine and check it for being filled with something...all mine had was pressure-equalized air...

When I was working at the Mazda Dealer, some NOT all Miatas had the spare mounted UNDER the trunk out side the vehicle. I remember installing them during Pre Delivery Inspections at the time. Everything was supplied in the trunk when it arrived at the dealer, so the customer could have more trunk space. Now is this a factory location? Can someone, if they were interweb crafty, find and use this set up.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com