Thread: Driver Cooling Systems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    And I have another I made some years ago for the Mustang that is on my build thread:

https://improvedtouring.com...-Part-II/page6

They're cheap, easy, and fun to make. Good hour or two project.
    hour or 2 to assemble, twice that figuring out what you need and sourcing it. agreed on the fun and value though. if anyone needs fittings to connect to a cool shirt brand shirt, they are avaialble on amazon: Colder PLCD22006 (3/8" barb to male QD fitting - this is for the cooler) and PLCD17005 (5/16 barb female fitting to mate to shirt and cooler - these have a retnetion pin to keep the lock tab open which the cool shirt fittings do not release, so you have to disable it or use your thumb to trigger when assembling the lines - does not affect ease of dissassembly). I also sourced a huge number of adapter fittings (min orders > need) to step between 3/4" (common bilge pump outlet) and 3/8" (fittings) so have some spares if anyone needs a kit.
    Last edited by Chip42; 07-17-2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: added part numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    hour or 2 to assemble, twice that figuring out what you need and sourcing it.

I also sourced a huge number of adapter fittings (min orders > need) to step between 3/4" (common bilge pump outlet) and 3/8" (fittings) so have some spares if anyone needs a kit.
    For adapters I just used hose that slip fits between the hose I need to adapt and then use a hose clamp. Cheap ghetto fix.

I've got another write up here that has some links to sources. Old one, from 08, but still applies.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tech...-ron-earp.html

Damn that old thread has a lot of link backs from many different forums.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 07-18-2014 at 09:05 AM.