Thread: Re paving WGI??

Default Re paving WGI??

I heard rumors of Walkins Glen being re paved after the August NASCAR race. I also heard this might put the fall races there in jepordy. Any truth to this?? Or was I sleeping and this common knowledge??? or total BS???

Thanks johng

John

I heard rumors of Walkins Glen being re paved after the August NASCAR race. I also heard this might put the fall races there in jepordy. Any truth to this?? Or was I sleeping and this common knowledge??? or total BS???
    I talked with a couple of Glen regulars today at the Majors. They indicated that plan was contemplated earlier in the year but it was ultimately rejected by the ISC board and will not happen this year.

Terry

Jumping in a little late here, however this has been rumored for a few years now with no action. I'll believe it when they I see the pavers actually roll in. What I do know is the Vintage Festival would likely be the last event in the season of whatever year they do pave. That event is early September. It would mean the last SCCA race would be in July, like you mention in your post.
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief