Thread: Fidelity Power Systems Pro IT Series Round 5

Default Fidelity Power Systems Pro IT Series Round 5

Round 5 of the 2014 Fidelity Power Systems Pro IT Series will beld at Watkins Glen on 19-20 July in conjunction with the popular July Sprints Regional. Registration is open on MotorsportsReg

The series will qualify on Saturday and be the first race on Sunday

Direct Links: Register ... Entry List

Hope to see ya at Round 5

Terry

The schedule doesn't leave much time between the Pro-IT race and Group 2 ITR/ITS. Impound directly to grid.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Rob

Good point. The Glen Region has kept the same schedule as previous years - first race on Sunday is Pro IT, then the regional races with a rotation from previous years, unfortunately the ITR/ITS group bubbled to the top.

I'm checking with the region to see if we can get any relief. From the Pro IT standpoint, we'll do everything we can to get you through.

See ya at the races

Terry

Fidelity Power Systems Pro IT Round 5 Results
    Watkins Glen International

ITR

Rob Nimkoff - BMW 325is - 18 laps (overall winner)
    John Harrison - BMW 325i - 18 laps
    Terence Fisher - BMW 325 - 17 laps

ITS

John Hainsworth - Mazda RX7 - 18 laps
    Tom Smith - Mazda RX7 - 18 laps
    Mossey Uretski - Porsche 944 - 17 laps

ITA

Don Powers - Honda CRXsi - 17 laps

ITB

Ian Prout - Honda Civic - 17 laps
    Stephanie Funk - Honda Civic - 16 laps
    Dan Hall - Mazda Protege - 1 lap

ITC

none

SM

Yosh Hakutani - Mazda Miata - 18 laps
    David Cuifo - Mazda Miata - 18 laps
    Ted Melittas - Mazda Miata - 18 laps

Near perfect weather conditions - sunny, warms, 80's. Great racing particlarly in ITS and SM until a late race mechanical failure / crash by Tom Capizzi brought out the safety car and early end of the race.

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 08-17-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Hate to have missed the race - was watching john hainsworths in car and looked like a crash with one of the autotech cars? What happened and hope all ok?

Nice drive John and Rob wished i could have given you a race for ITR :-)
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Tom Capizzi and I were having an epic race, the best imaginable, clean, hard racing. He got along side a few times and I was doing everything I could to keep him behind. I saw the 10min board thinking to myself I only need to hold him off for a few more laps. Then, the next lap coming onto the front straight his left rear hub (or something) failed and sent him into the safer barrier. It was a pretty rough hit. Scary too, as such a part failure could happen to any one of us. The race ended under yellow and we took the checkered though the pits. Tom got out and looked OK but they took him to the hospital to check him over. All things considered it sounds like he will be alright, just got knocked around pretty good.

Such a shame it had to end that way, no one wants to win like that. We just started catching lap traffic so our race was about to get really interesting. Even if I wasn't able to hold Tom off for those last few laps (a big if) I would have still considered it to be the best race I ever had. I hope the Autotechnic guys can fix the car or find another ITS car so we can do it again. That was really fun while it lasted. I wish Tom a speedy recovery.

Link to the Race Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1KNeQEyYA
    Last edited by JohnnyH; 07-23-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    John Hainsworth #95 ITS RX7
    2012 & 2013 Fidelity Power Systems Pro-IT Series Champion
    max-attack.net

I've talked with Tom today. He is OK but the 23 car is a write-off. Apparently when the hub / axle broke, the rear end of the car oversteered and banged the wall. That hit caused the car to rotate and the front end had a second impact. Significant frame and suspension damage.

Auto Technic is in the process of taking bits off the car and putting them on a new tub. They hope to be ready for Round 6 at NJMP - we will see.

Terry

Scary stuff - glad Tom is OK and Autotech is already on another project car or him. Thanks for the update gentlemen.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion