Thread: What is a "touring car?"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    Could a first gen crx get to weight with a 1.3?
    Please put one of those dune buggy flags on it, so we can see it coming as we pass it every other lap...

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Before Ron replies - yes, it's a problem that the power/weight math tries to accommodate tweaked B-Spec cars.
    We actually increased the weights across-the-board in STL (Dec 2011?) to attract/accommodate 1.5L cars...with B-Spec'rs as the targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

We actually increased the weights across-the-board in STL (Dec 2011?) to attract/accommodate 1.5L cars...with B-Spec'rs as the targets.
    I thought that was becuase of the expected increased base weight of all cars due to increased chassis rollover protection requirements, and the inability of cars to get down to current base weight.

Quote Originally Posted by JS154 View Post
    Honda K20 vs BMW S14B20: Honda wins on any track : 20+ more hp and almost 300# lighter.
    Logic fale: my cohort has fallen into the trap!

Quote Originally Posted by JS154 View Post
    I thought that was becuase of the expected increased base weight of all cars due to increased chassis rollover protection requirements, and the inability of cars to get down to current base weight.
    Nope. As I recall the conversation, it was to give the 1.5L cars a chance to make minimum weight, with the idea that B-Spec cars may gradually migrate to STL once their usefulness is past.

I remember it vividly, as I had just finished spending a winter cutting out sh*t and replacing panels with plastic to lose 90# to get down exactly to the pound to my minimum 2340# weight with an empty fuel tank with me in it...and then we added 90# to my car...I now carry 100# of ballast in the back of the car to make 2430#...damn you Nemesis!!!