Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
Heartland Park? I'm surprised they got two...

Sadly, MidDiv is not a useful indicator of the health of Club Racing.

GA, who lived in Texas Region and raced in SWDIV and MidDiv for many years ('90 SSA MidDiv champ, baby!), was in teh very first HPT National, all before deciding to move to New England for better racing pastures...and got stuck here. Oh well, there's always retirement...and I do miss Hallett a lot.
Agreed.. SWDIV has a strong SM, SRF, and FM contingent, but almost zilch for IT and GT. Reynolds is in Dallas area and the Saurinos in Tulsa, so Prod is wrapped up. (That said, the Saurino boys are looking to go open wheel and the cars so the throne will be vacant for FP soon.)

There are several tracks in the area, but only a couple that are capable of supporting a Club Race due to lack of facilities/grid/paddock space. We are losing TWS in a few months, but there is talk of another track being built nearby. If it comes through, there will be 9 tracks within a 6 hr tow- 6 or 7 of which could support a club race. Then there's the help of year-round racing if you don't mind racing in a swamp in August! Money is good here with industry and oil, so I'm at a bit of a loss why attendance is lacking here.