I do not know what engine package Mike Van was running ITS or STL, but it was equal to Raymond's power. Raymond car has been in STL for a long time and has a Rossini built STL engine. SM do not run 140 mph through the tri-oval. In the second qualifying session I could not draft up to Raymond his car is that strong. As I would start to gain on him entering the tri-oval I was running out of gear. We bumped up the rev limit for the race and jeopardized my motor.

When they drafted past me going down the back straight, I knew I was in for a long day. If they did not race each other I was done. I got lucky to draft back past them, Raymond was not trying to draft Mike, I got a run on Raymond coming out of the Bus Stop. When I side drafted off of Raymond, I was then one car behind Mike and that gave me a run on him. Mike left me enough room on the bottom to put my left side tires on the first yellow line and beat him down into turn one. I might have seen that move on "Days of Thunder" or "Talladega Nights". I guaranty they would not let me do that again. Even with my good run, I did not get past Raymond until I between turn 4 and the tri-oval. I got past Mike after Start Finish.

The re-start was key as well, I put a bunch of SRFs between us going into turn one. I think at one point I was five wide going through the tri-oval. Racing SRFs stinks and I felt bad I was in the middle of the top three, ok leading the top three. I needed them as a buffer if the Miatas got back to me. I apologized to the SRF guys in impound and they where all smiles because they knew what I was doing and thought it was good racing.

My STL assessment, the Miatas are not as slow as people think on the outside and the Integra not as bad as people think in the infield. I also think the three of us are 4 to 5 seconds off the pace when the show comes to town. I will admit that my engine is ITS+, but not as good as the I blew up in Sebring. I'm sure the two Miatas can gain HP, because they do not have Drago power. I also think you will need a partner to win next year.

Deuce broke the left front hub with two to go.