Quote Originally Posted by JS154 View Post
Top contenders in STU this year look to be a S2000 and a Z3. Both 2 seat sports cars. If a certain driver in a certain Lotus shows up that's a guaranteed win, why bother playing.

I believe that number of seats is a very valid starting point, as they are lower, with smaller frontal area, better weight balance, better handling than pretty much any 4 seat car. engine location is another huge handling advantage Mid engine for example.

How many Toyotas, Nissans, BMWs, Aduis, in other words, anything other than a Honda or Mazda, are running in STL?
Stay away from seats - it's NOT the factor that is the potential problem, really. STL doesn't have the forced induction problem. I think that the S2000 and Z3 are great additions to STU because they are normally aspirated and they can win or lose on their merits as opposed to underestimating power output by a ton on some turbo of SC'd car.

Toyota's aren't know for their power potential, a Nissan could be fun but there would be a development curve for a SR20-powered 240SX (FWD cars have sucky suspensions), BMW's are typically too large cc-wise to consider, and I am not sure what Audi package you would run. Honda's and Mazda's are probably the top 2 cars in amateur motorsports by a ton, because they are cheap and fun.